Shiok Meats is a cell-based crustacean startup, the first of its kind in the world (Shiok in Singapore English means enjoyable and fantastic). Our aim is to bring cell-based crustaceans to your table, which is health-, animal- and environment-friendly, by growing cells instead of animals in the lab. Not only will our meats have the same taste and texture, it will be even more nutritious and sustainable than farmed or wild-caught seafood.
Shiok Meats is founded by two stem cell and cell biology scientist-turned entrepreneurs, Dr Sandhya Sriram (CEO) and Dr Ka Yi Ling (CTO) – we look forward to meet you to speak about your career goals, aspirations, and how you can grow with us!
The candidate will play a pivotal role in daily execution of bioprocess and manufacturing project deliverables supporting the advancement of bioproduction. The position will directly report to the Bioprocess Team Lead and work hand in hand with functional leaders and experts. They will establish and maintain the pivotal systems and tools necessary for robust on-time completion of critical program activities to include project management, vendor management, logistics, documentation management, and manufacturing systems and procedures established within regulated environments. This position requires excellent communication, collaboration, organization, multi-tasking, planning, documentation and decision-making abilities. The position will be directly supporting members of the Bioprocess team whose direction will support daily work assignment and execution methodology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering/Bioengineering or other relevant degree
- 1 to 2 years industry experience in bioprocess engineering or process development in biotechnology fields
- Familiarity with bioprocess requirements and manufacturing equipment
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in cross functional project organization and management of stakeholders, preferrable in relevant bioprocess engineering or process development
- Highly computer literate in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook etc) to setup process templates, graphs and project reports
- Experience within regulated laboratory environments; a solid understanding of bioprocess equipment, suppliers, hard services, safety and IT requirements for scientific equipment operation would be beneficial
- The technical coordinator will provide the main technical point of contact with main contractors, suppliers and engineers.
- Manage and plan informational requirements, coordination and program requirements for a number of allocated projects, together with technical coordination of scientific requirements.
- Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and assist external projects as required to accomplish project goals
- Contribute to the setup of mini Rnd plant, pilot plant and manufacturing plants
- Work with team on development/specification/procurement and installation of bioprocess hardware and automation necessary to execute and monitor bioprocesses
- Communicate and/or escalates any project issues or concerns that arise to the Lead Bioprocess Engineer in a timely manner
- Create models, templates, databases for data analysis, inventory and organization.
- Create SOPs for processes established to ensure proper steps are adhered to and standardized
- Setup Health & Safety documentations for facility along with relevant team members and external SMEs
- Documenting and following up on important actions and decisions from meetings.
- Provide hands on lab support for staff members as deemed necessary for projects
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Works well independently
- Must be forward-thinking and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific insight
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
- Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A motivated self-started and ability to multitask efficiently
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV, and expected salary to email@example.com.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.