Shiok Meats is an early-stage, cell-based meat startup, the first of its kind in Singapore (Shiok in Singapore English means enjoyable and fantastic). Our aim is to bring cell-based crustaceans to your table, which is health-, animal- and environment-friendly, by growing cells instead of animals in the lab. Not only will our meats have the same taste and texture, it will be even more nutritious and sustainable than farmed or wild-caught seafood.
Shiok Meats is founded by two stem cell and cell biology scientist-turned entrepreneurs and business women, Dr Sandhya Sriram (CEO) and Dr Ka Yi Ling (CSO) – we are happy to meet you to speak about your career goals, aspirations and how you can grow with us!
Shiok Meats is looking for a bioprocess engineer to scale up our technology and head into manufacturing. We hope that you’re as excited about cell-based crustaceans as we are and that you look forward to an independent and vibrant working environment with lots of room to grow. You will be an integral part of Shiok Meat’s growth and will help shape our long-term directions.
More information on www.shiokmeats.com.
- Bioprocess Engineer
- Based in Singapore
- PhD or Engineering degree in Bioprocess/Biomedical/Tissue Engineering or related field
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in bioprocess technology, cell culture and tissue engineering; freshers or candidates with no experience will not be entertained
- Deep experience with bioreactor scale-up in an industry setting a strong plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Scale growth and production of established cell lines to manufacturing levels
- Operate bioreactors independently
- Manage process optimization and development
- Analyze and optimize metabolic flux in bioreactors
- Optimize media and cell lines for scalable culture conditions
- Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Oversee development/specification/procurement and installation of bioprocess hardware and automation necessary to execute and monitor bioprocesses
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing our bioprocess
- Batch, fed-batch, perfusion culture optimization
- Serum-free media development
- Bioprocess manufacturing facility operation
- Invertebrate or seafood cell culture expertise a definite plus
- Interest to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Be flexible to change and a fast-paced work environment
- Work closely with the founders of the company
- Driven to improve standard processes and develop innovative unit processes
- Communicate effectively with in-house team and external collaborators/vendors
- Passionate and driven about developing scale up processes
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter.