Shiok Meats is an early-stage, cell-based meat startup, the first of its kind in Singapore (Shiok in Singapore English means enjoyable and fantastic). Our aim is to bring cell-based crustaceans to your table, which is health-, animal- and environment-friendly, by growing cells instead of animals in the lab. Not only will our meats have the same taste and texture, it will be even more nutritious and sustainable than farmed or wild-caught seafood.
Shiok Meats is founded by two stem cell and cell biology scientist-turned entrepreneurs and business women, Dr Sandhya Sriram (CEO) and Dr Ka Yi Ling (CSO) – we are happy to meet you to speak about your career goals, aspirations and how you can grow with us!
Shiok Meats is looking for a business and marketing intern. We hope that you’re as excited about cell-based crustaceans as we are and that you look forward to interning in a dynamic startup.
More information on www.shiokmeats.com.
- Business and Marketing Intern
- 3 month internship (minimum)
- Based in Singapore
- This internship will start in July/August 2020
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any field
- Analytical, statistics, marketing experience is a plus.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Conduct surveys and market research for Shiok Meats.
- Conducted market analysis and write reports
- Work closely and report to CEO & business and operations manager.
- Interest to work in a dynamic startup environment
- Be flexible to change and a fast-paced work environment
- Communicate effectively with in-house team and external collaborators
- Passionate and driven about cell-based meats and seafood
The position is an internship and a stipend will be offered.
To apply, please send a 1-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter.