Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Computation Scientist who will work closely with cell biologists, and other scientists and engineers to build tools, design experiments, perform analyses, and build models for cell-based seafood in a variety of species.
- Based in Singapore
- PhD in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics or related field with more than 2 years post-graduate experience
- Masters in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Genomics or related field with more than 5 years industry experience
- Fluent in Python, R, Perl, SQL, Bash and experience using other programming tools like JMP and MATLAB etc.
- Able to write well-tested, high-performance, production-quality code
- Broadly experienced with NGS analysis (RNA-Seq, ChIP-Seq, ATAC-Seq, Single Cell Seq, etc), with an emphasis on Illumina and 10X platforms
- Experienced with single-cell bioinformatics
- Deep experience using machine learning tools for metabolomic data analysis, sequencing and image analysis
- Experience with workflow management systems (Airflow, Luigi, etc.)
- Strong background in laboratory automation, automated systems and technology, computer programming language application, method development
- Strong background in automated data analysis and data visualization
- Build backend software as part of a biotechnology stack that spans everything from biology to hardware to backend software to frontend apps
- Manage and run the entire software development cycle, including customer interviews, problem definition, architecture, prototyping, testing, training, documentation, and driving key metrics.
- Application of multi-omics techniques for bioprocess design and optimization
- Review code and other work materials of fellow engineers
- Design various genetic analysis tools and working with scientists to interpret results of high-throughput sequencing experiments
- Perform ad-hoc analyses to address new biological hypotheses
- Build models to predict performance of cell lines, media formulation and processes for cell-based meat production.
- Combine data from different -omics approaches to extract useful information for bioprocess design, optimization and various R&D processes.
- Build computational tools for cell line and media characterization
- Writing reproducible code using software best practices
- Working closely with the media development and engineering teams to ensure excellent data modelling and capture
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Provide guidance to junior scientists or associates
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Innovative, highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well independently, as well as in a team; able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous work
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to email@example.com.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.