Shiok Meats is an early-stage, cell-based meat startup, the first of its kind in Singapore (Shiok in Singapore English means enjoyable and fantastic). Our aim is to bring cell-based crustaceans to your table, which is health-, animal- and environment-friendly, by growing cells instead of animals in the lab. Not only will our meats have the same taste and texture, it will be even more nutritious and sustainable than farmed or wild-caught seafood.
Shiok Meats is founded by two stem cell and cell biology scientist-turned entrepreneurs and business women, Dr Sandhya Sriram (CEO) and Dr Ka Yi Ling (CSO) – we are happy to meet you to speak about your career goals, aspirations and how you can grow with us!
More information on us and our press coverage on www.shiokmeats.com.
Shiok Meats is seeking an executive assistant to support the CEO, CTO and manage the office environment at Shiok Meats. It offers a dynamic work environment and a tremendous opportunity for growth.
- Manage, coordinate and maintain calendar of CEO including appointments, meetings and travel. Responsible for organising of internal and external meetings on behalf of the CEO ensuring all necessary requirements are made e.g. meeting venue, equipment, presentations, prepare agendas.
- Provide executive and administrative support to CEO and CTO.
- Drafting and writing high quality reports and presentations, as required by the CEO.
- Structure the Shiok Meats-wide central calendar of events.
- Secretarial support for meetings as and when required by the CEO, including drafting and circulating meeting agendas, preparing minutes, communicating meeting reminders, confirming venues and arranging refreshments. Writing and distributing comprehensive minutes and action points to all members post meeting.
- Monitor and respond to incoming communications to CEO’s office including phone calls, emails and walk-ins.
- Communicating important updates and information to Shiok Meats employees as required by CEO.
- At least 3 years of secretariat and administrative experience in similar capacity
- Possess excellent organisational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient both in oral and written communication.
- Possess information gathering and information monitoring skills.
- Competent in preparing management slide presentation materials, speeches etc.
- Analytical, meticulous and able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Possess great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Possess high level of discretion, integrity, diplomacy and professionalism in handling internal and external customers.
- Be fluent in Microsoft Office and other basic software.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking
- Able to independently learn, understand and execute
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records
- Have strong communication skills including verbal and written (English)
To apply, please send a 2-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a cover letter.