Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Finance Manager to support the CFO on Finance compliance-related responsibilities. The candidate must possess excellent technical knowledge with finance business partnering experience and attention to detail.
- Based in Singapore
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accountancy.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in an international accounting firm and/or commercial and inventory costing experience in a manufacturing setup.
- Hands-on experience operating in a lean team setting and building the Finance functions through high growth phases.
- Proven track record in process improvements, automation, and ERP system implementation involving manufacturing activities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), Company Act, and Tax regulations, including the application of accounting concepts and treatment of transactions.
- Prior working experience with an audit firm would be an advantage.
- Responsible for daily finance operation and accounting compliance, which includes but is not limited to maintaining a full set of accounts, vendor payment, inventory management, year-end statutory audits, taxation compliance and company secretarial matters.
- Responsible for preparation of management accounts and supporting schedules in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner for management and statutory requirements. Ensure all business activities, financial activities, and reporting are compliant with financial regulations.
- Ensure financial policies and procedures are adhered in the business process, books and records of the company.
- Review product costing and inventory control, including standard cost set-up, cost variance, cost management, and inventory policy.
- Maintain a robust controlled environment and establish financial policies and procedures to mitigate the risks and errors in the business process, books, and records of the company.
- Continually lookout for financial systems & processes and identify improvements or efficiencies as part of a continuous improvement plan.
- Liaise and follow through with outsourced accounting firm, bank, external auditors, tax agents, and corporate secretarial on all necessary statutory requirements & compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated individual who believes in the mission to bring sustainable cultivated based crustacean meat and seafood to market.
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a small finance team.
- Result-oriented self-starter who is able to frequently (and effectively) multi-task.
- Must be creative, forward-thinking, and able to lead and contribute to company-wide strategies.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify, anticipate, and respond to business requirements at all levels in the organization.
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and precision.
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make right decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence, energize, and create trust.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.