Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Financial Controller to support the CFO and the Senior Management team. We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and results-oriented individual to partner with the CFO to drive a number of finance initiatives critical to the success of the company. The candidate will report to and work closely with the CFO to strengthen the overall Finance function.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s/ Chartered Accountant degree in Finance/Accountancy or professional qualification.
- At least 12 years of relevant working experience including some years with an international accounting firm and commercial experience.
- Strong preference for candidates who are currently working for or have worked for the hyper-growth start-up.
- Prior experience in handling employee share options, valuation, fundraising and investor reporting is an advantage.
- Understand and analyze business needs in order to develop and implement finance initiatives to support business growth.
- Analyze business process reengineering and enhancements, development and refinement of reporting templates, process automation, sharing of best practices, etc.
- The Financial Controller is an important new role to support the CFO. This position will suit a self-motivated individual who possesses strong technical skills and can work well within a small finance team and senior management.
- Support the CFO to develop, execute and coordinate organization-wide initiatives including exploring and implementing automation solutions to increase company efficiency and effectiveness from its existing strategies.
- Identify and drive operational improvement through analysis of financial plans, management information and performance.
- Responsible for delivering monthly/quarterly financial reporting (both provision of regular and ad-hoc financial reporting) timely and accurately and with the ability to clearly communicate the business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results to business leaders.
- Lead corporate finance function including fundraising, investor engagement and reporting.
- Support business initiatives and design processes and suggest system developments and create SOPs for new businesses to be integrated with the other parts of the business.
- Lead and support the implementation of best practice financial planning techniques in line with business needs and initiatives to improve the quality and consistency of business and finance data.
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions with a proven track record in process improvements and automation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Strongly motivated and believes in the mission to bring cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market.
- Ability to think creatively, highly independent and self-motivated, balanced with high standards of accuracy and precision.
- Demonstrated ability to roll up sleeves, work in a lean environment with hands-on management capacity and desire
- Team player with the ability to identify, anticipate, respond to and meet business requirements at all levels.
- Possess strong technical skills and works well independently, as well as in a team; able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group.
- Must be hands-on, action-oriented self-starter with a high energy level and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including interdepartmental communication
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to company-wide strategies.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Have great attention to detail.
- Have strong communication skills including verbal and written.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- A positive and enthusiastic approach is essential, along with the ability to converse successfully with co-workers at all levels.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover -letter, 2-page CV and expected salary (all combined into 1 pdf file) here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.