Shiok Meats is looking for a Food Tech Intern to assist and work closely with the Senior Food Technologist for scale-up and process optimization of downstream processing.
- Bachelors/Masters in food science/technology or related field.
- Minimum of 1-year food science/food tech research experience in industry/academia.
- Experience in new product development in the seafood industry is preferred.
- Experience in scale-up process in beer/yoghurt/plant-based meat or biotech industry is a plus.
- Support downstream food lab operation, i.e. seafood meats processing.
- Work with the Food Tech research team and the Senior Food Technologist to conduct internal trials in scaling up and downstream processing.
- Assist the Senior Food Technologist to develop food quality assurance and quality checks for downstream processing.
- Support set up of downstream food lab and pilot manufacturing plant.
- Support coordination with outside vendors and resources required to accomplish project goals.
- Document and maintain all scientific and technical reports and records.
- Follow health and safety procedures and protocols as required.
- Coordinate maintenance of equipment and lab facilities with team.
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market.
- A passion to create new products that meet consumers’ needs.
- Self-starter, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Must be forward-thinking.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and pro-active approach.
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records.
- Have strong communication skills including verbal and written (English).
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.