Shiok Meats is looking for an HR Manager responsible for managing critical HR and manpower-related activities in recruitment, compliance, performance management, employment policies, and employee benefits. They will report to and work closely with the HR Director to strengthen the overall HR function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field with at least 3 years of HR management experience
- In-depth knowledge of labour laws and best practices per TAFEP guidelines
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- Hands-on experience in drafting job descriptions and developing robust HR systems and policies.
- Experience in a start-up environment will be an added advantage.
- Work together with the HR Director and assist in managing the full spectrum of HR, including recruitment, performance management, compensation and benefits, staff welfare, and training
- Ensure open positions are advertised in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool
- Establish and maintain contact with external recruitment agencies
- Assist in ensuring compliance with statutory reporting and filing requirements, e.g., CPF, IRAS, MOM, and other government-related claims and administering work pass application/ issuance/ renewal/ cancellation, etc.
- Ensure that all HR processes, policies, and procedures of the Company adhere to Employment Act and other government legislations
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital
- Manage other HR projects and initiatives as required, including employees’ activities such as Team Building
- Assist the HR director in developing and implementing HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Assist the HR director in performance appraisal exercises
- Contribute to the development of HR department goals, objectives, and systems
- Contribute to staff development, career progression, and direction of the organization
- Work with the HR director to assess training needs and monitor training programs
- Monitor HR department’s budget.
- Build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels.
- Work on any other related duties assigned from time to time.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible, resourceful, and able to perform despite tight schedules.
- A high-performance individual who is independent, proactive, with a positive attitude and mindset
- Can multi-task and complete tasks within deadlines. A pro-active and a ‘can-do’ attitude is critical
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust
The position is full-time, and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a 2-page CV, and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.