Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Laboratory and Safety Manager.
- Based in Singapore
- Bachelor Degree in microbiology, biomedical sciences, molecular biology, biological sciences or other related disciplines is required.
- APBA Biosafety coordinator certification and other relevant safety certifications required.
- Proficient in MS Office application (e.g. Word and Excel), project management
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in biological safety is a must, chemical safety knowledge is preferred
- Working knowledge of key local legislations guidelines (e.g. WSHA, NEA and SCDF) required
- Demonstrate ability to communicate complex technical issues to diverse clients.
- Basic knowledge of emergency response program management as it relates to biological agent or chemical spills.
- Meticulous with document management.
- Proven expertise in laboratory-based risk assessments.
- Maintain and provide day to day support for the operation of the R&D labs.
- First point of contact for the company’s staff on all Safety & Health matters.
- Maintaining records and compliance with legal requirements and enforcement of safety rules.
- Conduct lab inspection regularly to identify and assess any unsafe condition in the workplace and to recommend practicable measures to remedy the work condition/practise.
- Conduct accident/incident reporting and investigation, generate report with corrective actions after root cause analysis
- Review and update company’s documents periodically (e.g. risk assessment, SOP, policy, etc)
- Advice and assist with all license application/renewal/termination.
- Arrange audit schedule and conduct internal audits to prepare the company for external inspection.
- Providing general laboratory safety orientation and instructions to new hires and research students.
- Facilitating purchase of materials and supplies for the research laboratories.
- To liaise with external vendors for the preventive maintenance of equipment ensuring that the required schedules are adhered thus maintaining the equipment warranties and compliance.
- Perform goods receipt and provide information to the finance team for payment schedule.
- Being involved in inventory and asset
- Being engaged in teaching of standard laboratory techniques and good scientific practises to research students.
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Strong passion for creating a safety working environment
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Works well independently
- Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques
- Self-starter and able to multi-task.
- Meticulous in record and inventory keeping with excellent organisational skills.
- Have strong communication skills including both verbal and written.
- Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to email@example.com.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.