Shiok Meats is seeking to hire an Operations Manager for Shiok Meats’ satellite laboratory in Thailand; this employee who will work closely with the COO and Senior Research Scientist to setup the satellite laboratory in Thailand, manage and oversee day-to-day operations of the laboratory.
- BS in an engineering or scientific discipline with 3-5 years hands-on experience in facilities management, operations and maintenance preferably for Biotech/Healthcare industry.
- Ability to draft, review & implementation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Experience in, operations and management positions.
- 2+ years of work experience managing a laboratory (Academic or industry research lab)
- Knowledge on aseptic techniques, cell culture and basic biotechnology knowledge preferred
- Exceptional organizational and record keeping skills.
- Responsible for planning and setting up of a cell culture (clean room) research facility.
- Maintain and provide day to day support for the operation of the R&D labs.
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity and quality.
- Working closely with the scientists and identify area of opportunities to improve facilities in order to increase cost saving.
- Maintaining records and compliance with legal requirements and enforcement of safety rules.
- Arrange audit schedule and conduct internal audits to prepare the company for external inspection.
- Advice and assist with all license application/renewal/termination.
- Implementing policies and procedures for all operational activities.
- Coordinating between vendors and to conduct site supervision with contractors upon award of job.
- To supervise site contractors during and after job completion.
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Facilitating purchase of equipment, materials and supplies for the research laboratory.
- To liaise with external vendors for the preventive maintenance of equipment ensuring that the required schedules are adhered thus maintaining the equipment warranties and compliance.
- Perform goods receipt and provide information to the finance team for payment schedule.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (both English & Thai).
- Initiative and independent with high energy levels and ability to multi-task
- Able to work independently and a team player.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.