Shiok Meats is looking for a Program Manager to spearhead and manage cross-team projects, collaborations, agreements, patents, trademarks and grants for the company. The position requires flexibility, rapid adaptation to changing scientific challenges and a capacity to successfully interact and cooperate with scientists, engineers, admin and support staff (finance, safety, marketing, operations, etc.), in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in STEM or related field with more than 3 years of experience in industry or research roles
- Experience in grant writing and patent applications preferred.
- Experience in reviewing and negotiating commercial, legal and /or research agreements.
- Research experience in at least one cultivated meat/seafood-related field preferred – cell line development, media development, aquaculture, bioprocess engineering, food technology/science.
- Review and negotiate research agreements, material transfer (MTA), data transfer (DTA), non-disclosure (NDA) agreements, and Memorandum of understanding (MOU) in liaison with Shiok Meat’s legal team.
- Work with funding agencies and research team to ensure the smooth running of application procedures and grant processing.
- Assist to write up applications (in particular, research aspects) for cellular agriculture-related competitions.
- Assist to plan projects/programs/grants/task forces and proactively monitor their progress, resolving issues.
- Assist to liaise with patent lawyers to ensure smooth filing of patents and trademarks.
- Work closely with CTO, COO and innovation committee to ensure new innovations developed in-house are patented.
- Provide non-financial administrative support for the preparation of research grants; liaise, when necessary, with other admin staff.
- Keep the relevant staff informed about upcoming deadlines and deliverables, thereby ensuring smooth and timely completion of work responsibilities and reporting requirements.
- Monitor and dispatch publication of grant calls and competitions of interest to the research team, nationally and internationally.
- Monitor paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded or competition programs.
- Coordinate cross-project activities within Shiok Meats.
- Initiate/coordinate/enhance under C-suite responsibility, communications/publicity support and activities for Shiok Meats research/researchers (website, liaison with the marketing team, preparation of events, Shiok Meats visitors, media, etc.)
- Report on the progress of the programs at regular intervals to the Senior Management.
- Other ad hoc duties.
- Strongly motivated and believes in the mission to bring crustacean meat to market.
- Ability to think out of the box.
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, energizing, results-oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Able to work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Interest to work in a dynamic and commercial goal-focused start-up environment.
- Be flexible to change and able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Have great attention to detail and the ability to keep detailed written records.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences.
- Interest to lead an expanding research team.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.