Shiok Meats is looking for a Research Assistant to work on stem cells and cell line development for various seafood. This is a laboratory-based position, in our Thailand satellite lab, with opportunities for collaboration across various R&D groups. Due to the dynamic and collaborative environment of our organization, this role will require someone who can not only work individually, but also as part of a team.
- Pathum Thani, Thailand
- Bachelor’s degree in Stem Cell Biology/Biological Sciences or related field (graduating students are accepted).
- Experience with mammalian/seafood/invertebrate cell culture, specifically stem cells, induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSC), embryonic stem cells (ESC) is an advantage.
- Isolate stem cells, primary cells and establishing cell lines.
- Work with iPSC, ESC.
- Establish stem cell and cell bank.
- Screening of culture media optimal for cell growth.
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
- Purchase of lab consumables and reagents.
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner.
- Comply to regulatory requirements and inspections.
- This position would require you to travel to our Singapore headquarters for training.
- Work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Interest to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Be flexible to change and a fast-paced work environment.
- Meticulous work and familiar with aseptic techniques.
- Communicate effectively with in-house team.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.