Shiok Meats is hiring a Research Assistant for the Stem Cell and Media Development Team. The candidate will be required to be part of the team to generate crustacean cell lines and optimize the culture conditions to produce cultivated seafood efficiently and in sustainable manner.
- Bachelor of Biotechnology/Biological Science/Biochemistry or relevant science fields.
- Preferably with experience with aseptic cell culture techniques, cell banking, reagent preparation (buffers and cell culture media).
- At least 1 year working experience in life science laboratory.
- Experience in bioassays such as ELISA, chromogenic assays (MTT, MTS, Bradford), and luminescent assays (CellTiter-Glo, Mycopolasma).
- Isolate muscle satellite cells from crustaceans.
- Cell culture routine including media changing, passaging, cryopreservation of cells.
- Screening of culture medium optimal for the growth of cells.
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
- Communicate results in a timely and effective manner.
- Might be involved in procurement of lab reagents and consumables.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and inspections.
- Identify and meet with external vendors and resources where appropriate.
- Lab maintenance.
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market.
- Passionate in research and be part of cultivated seafood revolution.
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Demonstrate initiative, pro-active approach and willing to learn.
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.