Shiok Meats is looking for a Research Intern to work as an aquaculture technician for farmed crustacean species. The position will be based in our Thailand satellite lab, with opportunities for field trips and collaboration across various crustacean farm groups.
- Pathum Thani, Thailand
- Bachelors in Aquaculture / Aquaculture Management / Fish Husbandry, or related disciplines (graduating students are accepted).
- Proficient in the both English and Thai language.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience with shrimp aquaculture or fisheries-based projects or marine species maintenance.
- Experience in shrimp breeding is an added advantage.
- Maintenance and raising of aquatic animals in wet-labs, such as farmed shrimp species.
- Participate in field trips with Research Scientist, to communicate and engage with farmers or locals.
- Field assessment of the status of aquaculture systems (e.g., water quality parameters, aquaculture seed/feed quality), and documentation to summarize findings.
- Knowledge and adherence to aquaculture quality, safety, biosecurity, and standard operating procedures.
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data.
- Work independently, but also as part of a team.
- Interest to work in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Ability and willingness to work irregular/flexible hours, and/or be on-call based depending on work requirements while handling live animals.
- Attention to details and good record keeping.
- Communicate effectively with farmers and in-house team.
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards.
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary (all combined into 1 pdf file) here.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.