Shiok Meats is seeking a scientist to help derive and characterize crustacean cell lines. We hope that you’re as excited about cell-based crustaceans as we are and that you look forward to an independent and vibrant working environment with lots of room to grow. You will be an integral part of Shiok Meat’s growth and will help shape our long-term directions.
- PhD in Biology/Life Sciences or related field with more than 3 years cell culture experience
- Embryonic stem (ES) cells isolation and non-integrative induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells derivation preferred
- Invertebrate/seafood cell culture and characterization
- Cell culture of satellite cells or myoblasts
- Strong experience in molecular biology including qPCR, sequencing, immunofluorescence staining
- Derivation of ES and iPS cell lines from crustaceans
- Formulate methods for In vitro fertilization in crustaceans
- Differentiate crustacean pluripotent stem cells into muscle stem cells and fibers
- Develop and optimize molecular tools to characterize cell lines with qPCR, antibody staining and other methods
- Maintain cells in culture including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling
- Establish internal and external quality control tests and partners to align with regulations requirements
- Identify and meet with external vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Provide guidance and supervise junior scientists or associates
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing cell line development process
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Works well independently
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific techniques
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
- Interest to lead an expanding research team
- Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to email@example.com.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.