Shiok Meats is seeking to hire an innovative, productive and highly independent Research Scientist specializing in Cell Line Development, to work on stem cells and cell line development for various seafood. This position involves: somatic, primary stem cell isolations, iPSC reprogramming, ES cells, differentiation methods and high-throughput media screening. This role also includes moderate to high level of molecular biology tools.
This is a laboratory-based position with opportunities for collaboration across various R&D groups. Due to the dynamic and collaborative environment of our organization, this role will require someone who can not only work individually, but also as part of a team.
- Based in Singapore
- PhD in Stem Cell Biology/Biological Sciences or related field
- At least 2 years stem cell, cell culture and cell line development experience
- Experience working with stem cells, iPSC, ESC is an advantage
- Embryonic stem (ES) cells isolation and non-integrative induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cells derivation preferred
- Invertebrate/seafood cell culture and developmental biology, is a huge advantage
- Cell culture of satellite cells or myoblasts
- Moderate experience in molecular biology tools is a must
- Derivation of ES and iPS cell lines from crustaceans and other sea animals
- Formulate methods for In vitro fertilization in crustaceans and other sea animals
- Differentiate crustacean/sea animal pluripotent stem cells into muscle stem cells and fibers
- Optimize molecular tools to characterize cell lines
- Molecular biology – DNA, RNA, protein work
- Maintain cells in culture including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling
- Establish internal and external quality control tests and partners to align with regulations requirements
- Identify and meet with external vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Provide guidance to junior scientists or associates
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing cell line development process
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Innovative, highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well independently, as well as in a team; able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous work and an expert in aseptic techniques
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.