Shiok Meats is seeking to hire an innovative, productive and highly independent Research Scientist specializing in Media Development, to work on cell culture media development of various cell-based seafood. This position involves rigorous screening, procuring plant based ingredients and working in-depth with stem cells and various types of cells from sea animals.
This is a laboratory-based position with opportunities for collaboration across various R&D groups and the manufacturing group. Due to the dynamic and collaborative environment of our organization, this role will require someone who can not only work individually, but also as part of a team.
- Based in Singapore
- PhD in Biology/Biotechnology/Life Sciences or related field with more than 2 years of cell culture and media development
- Masters in Biology/Biotechnology/Life Sciences, Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering or related field with more than 5 years industry experience in cell culture and media development within pharmaceutical/biotechnology company
- Invertebrate/seafood cell culture and media biology, is a huge advantage
- Experience with primary cells, myoblasts, iPSC and ESC is a huge advantage
- Media/platform optimization is a must
- Have a strong understanding of statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE)
- Sourcing of food-grade, serum-free and animal-free ingredients for cell culture media
- Formulation of food-grade animal-free, ideally plant-based, cell culture media
- Buffer chemistry, filtration processes and biochemical analytical techniques
- Media/platform optimization
- Statistical analysis and design of experiments (DOE)
- Screening of cell culture media optimal for cell growth
- Maintain cells in culture including routine media exchange, harvest, and sampling
- Basic to moderate molecular biology work
- Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Communicate results and data in a timely and effective manner
- Provide guidance to junior scientists or associates
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate as a subject matter expert representing media development process
- Strongly motivated and believes in mission to bring cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Innovative, highly enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Works well independently, as well as in a team; able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous work and an expert in aseptic techniques
- Self-starter, energizing, results oriented, and able to multi-task
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to email@example.com.
Due to high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.