Shiok Meats is seeking a Senior Bioprocess engineer/Process development scientist to help our R&D progress. We hope that you’re as excited about cell-based crustaceans as we are and that you look forward to an independent and vibrant working environment with lots of room to grow. You will be an integral part of Shiok Meat’s growth and will help shape our long-term directions.
- Masters degree/Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related field
- 5 to 6 years experience in cell culture, bioreactor operations, and bioprocess technology; fresh graduates or candidates with no experience will not be entertained
- Experience in process development, scale-up and operation of large-scale bioreactors in an industry setting
- Knowledge of the upstream bioproduction unit operations involved with bioreactor design and control, SIP/CIP, etc.
- Cell culture experience from tissue culture flasks to bioreactor
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility and familiarity with associated quality systems such as Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- The main role in scale-up and expansion of established cell lines from bench scale to manufacturing
- Organize and execute bioreactor runs as a subject matter expert
- Plan and carry out independent experiments to support process optimization and development from flasks to multi-bioreactor systems
- Work with team to develop a feeding strategy based on metabolic flux in bioreactors for optimal culture conditions
- Identify outside vendors and resources where appropriate and oversee external projects required to accomplish project goals
- Contribute to the setup of pilot plant/manufacturing plant
- Work with team on development/specification/procurement and installation of bioprocess hardware and automation necessary to execute and monitor bioprocesses
- Rigorous documentation of experimental procedures and data
- Set up SOPs for processes to ensure proper steps are adhered to and standardized
- Ability to work with food-tech/downstream team to ensure a smooth hand over of process where appropriate
- Contribute to regulatory submissions and inspections as appropriate
- Strongly motivated and believes in the mission to bring crustacean meat to market
- Ability to think out of the box
- Works well independently
- Able to independently design, execute, and interpret laboratory experiments to answer specific scientific questions
- Meticulous and familiar with aseptic techniques
- Must be forward-thinking and be able to lead and contribute to scientific/technical discussions
- Able to independently learn, understand and execute novel/advanced scientific techniques
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Have great attention to detail and the ability to keep detailed written records in a lab notebook or batch record
- Have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and scientific data presentation to a variety of audiences
- Able to work collaboratively within and outside of the group
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A motivated self-starter and ability to multitask efficiently
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.