Shiok Meats is seeking to hire a Senior Finance Manager who will report to the CFO and support the Senior Management team at Shiok Meats.
- Based in Singapore
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accountancy
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience in an international accounting firm and/or commercial and inventory costing experience in a manufacturing setup
- Hands-on experience operating in a lean team setting and building the Finance and HR functions through high growth phases
- Proven track record in process improvements, automation, and ERP system implementation involving manufacturing activities
- Good knowledge and understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”), Company Act, and Tax regulations, including application of accounting concepts and treatment of transactions
- Oversee the Company’s financial records and financial performance reporting. Ensure an environment of adequate financial control and delivery of the company’s financial strategy in alignment with the overall vision and business strategy.
- Analyse business needs, develop, and implement business process initiatives to support business growth, including (but not limited to) systems/workflow enhancements, development, and refinement of reporting templates and processes, maintenance of internal controls, sharing of best practices, etc.
- Responsible for full spectrum of finance and accounting, which includes but not limited to timely preparation and submission of management and statutory accounts, year-end statutory audits, taxation compliance, cash flow and treasury-related matters, internal controls, and company secretarial matters.
- Responsible for monthly closing process and production of management accounts and reporting in a timely, accurate, and consistent manner for management and statutory requirements. Ensure all business activities, financial activities, and reporting are compliant with financial regulations.
- Perform and review product costing and inventory control, including standard cost set-up, cost variance, cost management, and inventory policy.
- Maintain a robust controlled environment and establish financial policies and procedures to mitigate the risks and errors in the business process, books, and records of the company.
- Continually lookout for financial systems & processes and identify improvements or efficiencies as part of a continuous improvement plan.
- Liaise and follow through with outsourced accounting firm, bank, external auditors, tax agents, and corporate secretarial on all necessary statutory requirements & compliance.
- Assist in HR and Administrative functions, including payroll compliance and general office administration matters.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Self-motivated individual who believes in the mission to bring sustainable cell-based crustacean meat and seafood to market
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a small finance team;
- Result-oriented self-starter who is able to frequently (and effectively) multi-task
- Must be creative, forward-thinking, and able to lead and contribute to company-wide strategies
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to identify, anticipate, and respond to business requirements at all levels in the organization
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, and precision
- Strong communication skills, including verbal and written
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make right decisions
- Ability to inspire confidence, energize, and create trust
The position is full-time and the candidate will be compensated similar to industry standards. We are definitely willing to negotiate!
To apply, please send a cover letter, 2-page CV, and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of incoming applications, we will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interviews. Also, we will not entertain applications received via LinkedIn or other platforms.